Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My Kidde Smoke Alarm went off last night for no reason. I…

My Kidde Smoke Alarm...

My Kidde Smoke Alarm went off last night for no reason. I had to call the Fire Dept. to disarm it as I have a broken shoulder and could not get on a ladder to take it down. The said that there had been a recall on this model. Model #19010

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Ionization Smoke Alarm Model 19010

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your?

Since September 17th.2016

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Answered in 1 hour by:
4/7/2018
Neil, Engineer

Hi

Yes your model has been recalled, follow the link below to find out about it:

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2018/kidde-recalls-dual-sensor-smoke-alarms-due-to-risk-of-failure-to-alert-consumers-to-a#

Contact Kidde to get a replacement...

Kidde toll-free at(###) ###-####from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m.to 3 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, or online at www.kidde.com and click on “Product Safety Recall” for more information.

Neil, Engineer