Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Having issue with netflix. Having trouble connecting to

Having issue with netflix ...

Having issue with netflix

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Having trouble connecting to Netflix

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Having trouble connecting with Netflix

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Having trouble finding Netflix

4/6/2018
Shahid_Sony
Shahid_Sony, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

Sonybavia kdl60r520a

- Do you use Netflix button on Sony remote to run Netflix app on the TV?
- How old is the TV and how long it has a problem with Netflix app?

Two years old with a five year extended warranty

OK, following troubleshooting step, should be tried that might help

- Have you tried to disconnect TV power cord from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Problem has been going on for two weeks

Thanks for additional info, following troubleshooting step, should be tried that might help

That did not work.

Sorry to hear that, is there any other app on the TV working?

This way we will confirm that TV is connected to the internet

No there is not other apps on the tv.

OK, please push SEN button on the TV remote, does TV display other app icons?

No Hitting the SCN button does not do anything we come up with the same message.
did not work

OK, it seems you need to reset the TV to default settings that will help if it is not a hardware related problem, please try the following procedure to reset the TV

1. Turn on the TV.
2. Using the Sony remote, press and hold the UP arrow button.
3. While holding down the UP arrow button press the POWER button on the TV itself.
4. When the TV goes off, release the POWER button and the UP arrow button.
5. The TV will turn on by itself then the initial setup screen will be displayed. Follow the on-screen prompts to finish the setup.

Please reply back with the result

Got the TV to work properly. We had change the modem and we had to change the settings on the Internet part of the TV changed everything to current modem and everything works fine now. Thank you for your help

Excellent, glad to know all is Ok now

Please rate me a 5-star at the top of this page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Shahid_Sony
Shahid_Sony, Technician