Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

How can I block calls. Panasonic KX-TGA451. Pressing

How can I block...

How can I block calls

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Panasonic KX-TGA451

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Panasonic product?

Pressing everything and anything. Nothing called BLOCK THIS CALLER. THEY ARE ROBOT CALLS, EVERY DAY.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

CONNECTME

4/4/2018
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.
Sorry to hear of any issue with these calls.
To help with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? Since this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base (model sent [KX-TGA451] is for a single cordless handset).
2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: ***
ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

model No KX-TG4221
Verizon
My credit card refuses to pay you.
Nathan, Engineer

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble,

Do you still need help with this?

I ANSWERED YOUR QUESTIONS ABOUT MY PHONE AND SERVICE; PAID THE FEE. PLEASE TELL ME THE ANSWER TO BLOCKING NUISANCE CALLS.
I DON'T WANT TO PAY MORE MONEY. JUST AN ANSWER AS PROMISED.
I WAS INFORMED YOICKS AGO THAT THE FEE WAS PAID.THE FEE FOR ON-LINE WAS PAID.

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

Are these calls coming from the same caller name/number each time? Or always different/random numbers?
Are the numbers unlisted/blocked (no caller id info)?

The first question. The others were comments because they asked.
The calls are random; they do not answer when one calls back. They mostly have an address of a pace in Pennsylvania.
Has this gone through?

Thank you for the information,

There are a few concerns here,

first is that your panasonic phone is an older basic model and it has no ability to block calls in any way, it simply does not support that feature on its own.

The other issue is that since the calls come from different numbers each time, a call block wouldn't help, as that blocks individual numbers, and if they keep changing then you wouldn't be able to block them.

For your situation, your best option would be to purchase an external call blocking system, like this: https://amzn.to/2qhSl3s or https://amzn.to/2GGfFyC

With that connected in between your panasonic and the phone line they can block known nuisance numbers and give you the ability to add new ones as well.

Best regards,

The random numbers are repeated. Thymus be phones that have been "cleared," because I have seen this when blocking on my cel phone. However, your answer is as I expected: can't be done. So strange.

Thank you for the info, and sorry that it isn't possible in this situation.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen to conclude our session. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Engineer