Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My Motomod speaker won't work. Moto Droid play smart phone.

Customer Question
My Motomod speaker won't...

My Motomod speaker won't work

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Moto Droid play smart phone

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Moto?

Marshmallow

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Moto? What have you tried so far?

2 weeks. I have held power source on speaker to it began blinking and restarted

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Reboot phone after reset

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/3/2018
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 3 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

A software update may help fix this problem. You can check if updates are available:

1. Attach your Moto Mod speaker to your phone.
  2. Go to Settings > Moto Mods > About this Moto Mod.
  3. Touch Software updates. If an update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
  4. Check if a Moto Voice app update is available.

~

Restarting the Moto Smart Speaker can also clear up some issues:

Go to Settings > Moto Mods > About this Moto Mod > Restart Moto Mod

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------