Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Have a Sony IC recorder that got a folder erased by

Have a Sony IC...

Have a Sony IC recorder that got a folder erased by accident. Can it be retrieved?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Sony ICD-BX140

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your ICD-BX140?

August 2017

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Sony product?

Don'y know what to try

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No- Apparently erase button got squeezed my mistake

4/3/2018
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Do you have a windows computer available there?

Please let me know

don't want to call

Does your windows computer have a card reader in it so you can insert the memory card from the recorder?

You mean a usb port?
I don't want to call

Yes I saw about the call, the website offers it, just ignore

No not usb, there is a memory card in the recorder, does your computer have a reader for it?

No, Don't think so
If I can get it to someplace that does, can it be done?
My computer has an SD/MMC slot, and a memory stick slot

yes.. that is it... so you put the card from the recorder into it

Then you download and run this program (it is free)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xxvwz1rbuslgrc4/rcsetup153.exe?dl=0

It is a file / folder recovery program

You perform a scan using a deep scan option you see in the program and if the folder can be recovered., this program will recover it for you

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

I frankly don't see or know how to remove the card from the recorder.....

open the battery compartment, look for the SD card there, do you see one?

No

Ok, then you are using the internal memory, so connect the device to your computer via the USB cable

Then run my program choosing to perform a scan on it to do the recovery

Let me know how you go please

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

This recorder is a tiny hand-held thing with no ports except for �� and earphones
Microphone and earphones

ok, the you have the most basic model, internal memory and no connection to the computer

You will not with this basic version be able to recover the folder from it sorry as there is no way to run the scan on the unit

Thanks anyway

You are welcome

If you need anything else, please let me know

and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Customer Service