Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

How do you get to line 2 from the non central phone

Customer Question
How do you get...

How do you get to line 2 from the non central phone kx-tga950

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your KX-TGA950? What have you tried so far?

Ever since i bought the phones. the manual is for teckies. i just learned how to do the light bulb.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, how do you obtain messages other than voice mail

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
4/3/2018
Electronics Technician: Richard Hill, Electronics Engineer replied 4 months ago
Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Electronics Engineer

Press L1 (above the 1 button) or L2 (above the 2 button) to select the required line when answering or making calls.

When new messages have been recorded on the Answering System, “New message” is displayed.

To listen to new messages:

For line 1: Press PLAY1 (use button just under the display) *1, *2

For line 2: Press PLAY2 (use button just under the display) *1, *2

When finished press OFF (use button just under the display).

I hope that helps, Best Regards,

Rich

Do you require any further assistance?

If not, I hope my answer was helpful and if so a positive rating would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich

Rich, on the non-central phone how do you get messages from the phone's screen?
Thanks

According to the manual, you should be able to do as I described above - doesn't that work?

You can also:

New Messages

For line 1: Press MENU, then enter #3231

For line 2: Press MENU, then enter #3232

All Messages

For line 1: Press MENU, then enter #3241

For line 2: Press MENU, then enter #3242

When finished press OFF

Best Regards,

Rich

Do you require any further assistance?

Best Regards,

Rich

What is the difference between receiving a voice mail and a message. This AM my wife was talking to a friend who had just left a voice mail or message on our phones. Normally with someone calling, the call would go to voice mail. This time it went to message ( where you push the minus sign). I don't understand

Voice Mail is a provided by your landline Service Provider, whereas the Panasonic also has a built-in Answering System where messages can be left. You don't really want both of these turned on as you'll have some messages stored on one and some on the other, so you can either ask your Service Provider to turn off the Voice Mail or turn off the Answering System on the Panasonic.

Best Regards,

Rich