Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My sonyo plc-xp55 only shows blue screen. Sonyo plc-xp55…

Customer Question
My sonyo plc-xp55 only...

My sonyo plc-xp55 only shows blue screen

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Sonyo plc-xp55 projector

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your PLC-XP55?

14yrs

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

It was working fine when shut down and the next day when it was started up went thru countdown then nothing but blue screen. unplugged and it went thru the countdown to shut down. I checked the setting and everything looked ok

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
4/3/2018
Electronics Technician: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 4 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
still need help
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Are you able to see the sanyos own menu screens at all?

i have looked over them. The settings look fine
I am not at the church where the projector is located. Would I need to be at that location to talk about problem on phone?

It would help, but isn't strictly necessary.

I'm not concerned about a setting issue, just more wanting to know if you can still pull up the setting/menu screens or not.

If so, then what is the source/content you're connected to where you get a blue screen?

I'm connecting with my disktop computer and it is running windows 10. The program I am using is easyworship.

Do you have something else you could connect to the pj, even just temporarily, to test, such as a dvd player, cable/satellite box, etc?