Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I recently bought Nikon Binoculars that have a built in

Customer Question
I recently bought Nikon...

I recently bought Nikon Binoculars that have a built in range finder.

Technician's Assistant: What Nikon product do you have?

The binoculars work great (11x 42) the range finder is off by at least 2 yards.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Nikon product?

I have compared to many different range finders at a ASA archery tournament. I have a set of Nikon 4 power range finder that I have used for years.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I was hoping they would tell me they just need to be recalculated.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
4/3/2018
Electronics Technician: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 3 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
I don't know if I can be helped or not. I bought an $1100 set of Nikon binoculars that also serve as a range finder. The binoculars work great, but the range finder is off consistently 1 1/2 yards to 3 yards. I was hoping Nikon would say they simply needed an adjustment. (?) This is critical to me because I shoot competition archery where the distance is critical.
Thanks for your help, Gerald Skees
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still don't know if any thing can be done about the range finder discrepancy with my new Nikon Binocular/Range finder combo product. (?)

Hi Gerald,

Have you contacted Nikon directly?

I tried contacting Nikon but some how was directed to you so I quit trying to reach Nikon (which is probably in China?) I consented to spending the $5.00 to get an answer from you guys.

Our services are not $5.

Call customer service at 1-***-***-****