Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have no speakers hook up but it's going to protect mode.

Customer Question
I have no speakers...

I have no speakers hook up but it's going to protect mode

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Sony da5300es

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Sony product?

My fuse had blow replaced it not it's going to protect mode

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
4/1/2018
Electronics Technician: Electrotech2017, Technician replied 23 days ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician
Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer; an independent site with members providing product information, repair tips and technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.
My name Martin and I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your Sony AV receiver issue.
I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Should I just buy another one or could it be fixed
If you have disconnected all speakers from the Sony receiver and the receiver still goes into protect mode, then unfortunately it means that the Amplifier circuit suffered a failure. Sometimes it can happen due to a shorted speaker or speaker wire. But in some cases it fails prematurely on its own. One of the channels has a shortage or high DC offset voltage. The way to check that is at turn on, for the 3-4s it tries to turn on you can measure on the emitter resistors at each channel and check for DC voltage higher then 1-2V. The channel that has the high voltage is the defective Amp. Most likely the output transistors. Average the repair with parts and labor is around $150-160
It is a nice AV receiver. I would definitely recommend to get it fixed. Only HDMI issues are more expensive to fix, since the entire board needs to be replaced. But if you have only an Amp issue, I would get it fixed.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Where is the amp located
Thank you for allowing me to assist you with your Sony receiver.
If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as it is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied.
Electronics Technician: Electrotech2017, Technician replied 21 days ago
Good morning just checking if you need any more assistance.
Electronics Technician: Electrotech2017, Technician replied 17 days ago
Hello do you need anymore questions answered. If not please rate my service. Much appreciated.
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician