Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a model kdl25v5100 as #8110677. Was working this

I have a model...

I have a model kdl25v5100 as #8110677. Was working this morning and now won't get signal from dish box. Checked the hdmi cable and that is fine and dish box is working

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your KDL25V5100?

About 5 yrs

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Checked the hdmi cable and the dish box. Both are ok

4/1/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Is the TV screen actually showing "No Signal"? Also if you try another source on the TV (say a DVD player) will the Sony display a signal from that?

It is showing no signal hold on trying to hook up DVD player

Okay standing by. Let me know what happens with the DVD please.

Ok the DVD works on the tv

Alright. Is that using an HDMI cable as well?

Why is TV not working
running thru hdmi cable

That's what we're trying to figure out. Take that same HDMI cable and plug it right into your satellite box. Let me know.

Ok working

Okay. This simply means the TV had a communication glitch using the original HDMI cable. This is not uncommon with HDMI and a cable can stop working on one TV while still working on another. I would suggest replacing the original HDMI cable to fix the issue since we know the TV is working using the second cable.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

Aric, Technician