Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Can not get the firestick to work the remote will not come…

Customer Question
Can not get the...

Can not get the firestick to work the remote will not come on

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Amazon alexa

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Fire tv stick with Alexa Voice Remote

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Fire TV?

Just bought it at best buy about 2 wks ago

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Fire TV?

I just tryung to get it to work i have not tried anything yet

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
sorry to have bothered you i changed the batteries and not it is working
4/1/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 25 days ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

As a starting point, we'll need to reset the Firetv system:

Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the Firetv.

Remove the batteries from the Firetv remote

Wait 5 minutes,

reconnect hdmi, power the tv on, then plug the Firetv power back in

put in a new set of fresh batteries into the Firetv remote

when you see the Firetv logo show on screen, press and hold the HOME button on the Firetv remote for 15 seconds.

Let me know the results.

Thank you,

Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 20 days ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Nathan, Engineer