Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Panasonic model # KJX-TG4771. Lost quick set up…

Customer Question
I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic model # KJX-TG4771. Lost quick set up booklet in recent move. Our telephone number has changed and I need to change the number on our greeting. Have tried general directions, but nothing works. Please advise. Thanks.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

I do not have a smartphone. The phone/answering machine is a Panasonic.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Panasonic phone? What have you tried so far?

We moved in early November and I just didn't concern myself. The machine picks up, but it states that the caller has reached our old number, which is confusing. I tried method listed in large instruction booklet from your web site.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

"Press "Menu" "Dial #302, Press "select" & "yes", record message & punch "stop" Nothing happens when I dial 302.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/30/2018
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 2 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

What exactly happens when you try to change the greeting?

Please let me know

Thank you

I have not been able to get into the answering machine.

ok, what you need to press is the button under Menu then #302

In that sequence, those 4 buttons

Let me know how you go please

do not wish to go that way

what? The instructions I gave you?

do not understand

ok.. the instructions I gave you were

what you need to press is the button under Menu then #302

In that sequence, those 4 buttons

Let me know how you go please

And you replied

do not wish to go that way

Which is a bit of a confusing response for me sorry

When I push the button under menu, then #302 the phone beeps and goes back to all the listing on the screen - a telephone, a phone book, a wrench, a music note another wrench and a ? mark. There is nothing about an answering devise.

Make sure you first pick up the phone, then do not go into call mode but then press Menu#302

Then use the arrow to select yes

When I do that I get a busy signal and the volume bar shows on the screen.How can I pick up the phone, dial the #302 and not be in call mode?

Because you need to dial a phone number and call to be in call mode.

You just need to pick it up and press the buttons I gave

When I pick up the phone there is a dial tone. When I follow your instructions I do not get a "Yes" option.

what do you see when you do the instructions I gave?

NO! I will apply the $26.00 to the purchase of a new telephone. Thanaks.

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last question I sent you please