Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I OWN A MATCHED SET OF JBL 100 CENTURY SPEAKERS. What are…

Customer Question
I OWN A MATCHED...

I OWN A MATCHED SET OF JBL 100 CENTURY SPEAKERS. What are their power requirements? Which would be the best amplifier to match with them?

Technician's Assistant: What JBL model do you have?

L 100 Century

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your JBL unit?

I have an old Kenwood Model TK 88

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/30/2018
Electronics Technician: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 3 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
First of all, these are not automobile speakers. They are used in home hi-fidelity instillations. they are quite large. They would barely fit in the trunk of my car, a standard, four door family sedan.
Next, why would I abandon my request/question when it has not been answered but I have been charged for it? If you can't answer the question, say so and refund my money.
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

What is your intended use of the speakers? Primarily for listening to music? Or as part of a home theater system and possibly the desire to add more speakers for a surround sound setup as well?

Primarily for listening to music.

Thanks,

the power handling of the century speakers are 10-300. Ideally they are designed for 50w continuous power,

but rating specs for modern amps are typically quite skewed, so I'd target an amp rated in the 100-150w range.

Something like this would be a good starting point for a basic receiver type system (with built in radio and multiple inputs): https://amzn.to/2GYITdb or (higher end): https://amzn.to/2GXtfyD

If you have a receiver or other components already and just need an amp: https://amzn.to/2GZ74Ia

Best regards,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.