Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Panasonc cordless phone set KX-TGA410C. This

Customer Question
I have a Panasonc...

I have a Panasonc cordless phone set KX-TGA410C. This morning when I tried to phone out. It dialed the number then cut out. Tried again & got busy signal. Phoned from my cell and could not hear on the Panasonic. The phone was working fine all day yesterday.

Technician's Assistant: When did this sound problem start with your system?

About 1/2 hour ago. It is not just the sound. I cannot make a call out.

Technician's Assistant: Does it happen on all the handsets?

Yes, When my husband went to the main phone and tried to dial out it did the same and also went to dail etc. on its own when he picked it up.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

We are Snowbirds and had the phone on seasonal vacation from middle of November until March 25th. We do this every year. This is the first time we have had any trouble with the phones.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/29/2018
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please remove the power to the base unit and the batteries from the handset
Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power to the base unit, put the batteries in the handset and tell me if it then functions correctly.
Please let me know the results
Thank you

Okay, I'll get back to you in 10 minutes.

Thank you

We waited the 10 minutes. we plugged in the base, put the batteries in and got a dial tone. When I tried to dial out it took the number but went back to dial tone. then made busy signal. The phone has had 2 incoming calls the first one we heard the person. She couldn't hear us. The second time I picked up and heard nothing.
The 2nd call left a message. When I tried to get into voice mail it went back to dial tone.

Thanks

What is the device it is connecting to? eg: Comcast router?

ours is a Bell Router. We are in Canada

Thanks

Remove the power to it, wait 5 minutes, connect the power to it and then try to call

Let me know the results please

Same as before. Got dial tone. When I dial it still has dial tone and then busy signal and cuts off.

ok, on the back of the Bell router is a reset button, push and hold it in for 5 seconds then release

Wait 4 minutes, then try to call please

OKAY---- It worked we are back in business. Thank you very much. Now my only problem is that I see $5.oo charge on my Visa which is fine BUT there is also a $45.00 charge which I do NOT want.

That is the charge for this service, it was explained when you made the question

Please contact customer service if you wish to get a refund and avoid paying for the sservice and solution to your problem.