Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I've started to chat with you before, and your questions…

I've started to chat...

I've started to chat with you before, and your questions made it clear that you were not familiar with this machine. I would like to speak with an expert technician, please.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Can I get out of the payment I agreed to make if I cannot speak with an expert technician?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

You are reading from a script. I am completely dissatisfied and I don't want to be charged. I will never try to use JustAnswer again, and I don't want to pay anything at all for this exchange.

Technician's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Forget it, I mean what I just said. You can send me to someone who will guarantee that I won't be charged - that's all I want at this point.

3/28/2018
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. I can assure you that I am a real person and I'm not reading from a script. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Is your e-reader a Kindle, a Nook or something else?

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Than k you, Alison. It has nothing to do with e-readers. It is a Panasonic RX-D55, essentially a souped-up boombox. I can't get thbe CD drawer top open (there's a CD Open/Close button the machine). Radio and tape cassette player work fine.

I see that you have requested a PHONE CALL. Unfortunately, payment failed. This sometimes happens when your bank sees more than one charge from the same company they suspect that there may be a mistake or possible fraud. Generally, you can clear this up with a quick phone call to assure them that the charge is valid. However, I can type instructions here for you if you would prefer that.

GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Phone call session started

It was a pleasure to speak with you today. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to help you, as the Panasonic device that you have doesn't have a failsafe (aka a pinhole) for the cd.

I will contact customer service on your behalf and request that they refund the charge for the phone call portion of the service since I was unable to assist you. You may followup with Customer Support via email at *****@******.*** or you can view options for contacting them by chat or phone at ww2.justanswer.com/help.

I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2nG6XLy and ask for GeekGal. Thank you!

GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech