Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

It's a Sharp cash register and it suddenly started adding…

Customer Question
It's a Sharp cash...

It's a Sharp cash register and it suddenly started adding tax when pressing the 0 tax key

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

XE-A207

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

A few days. I originally programmed the tax . Key 1 is the tax key, key 2 is 0 tax. I have checked the programming and key 2 still reads 0% tax but it still adds it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/28/2018
Electronics Technician: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 3 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
I still need an answer
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

No phone call

Have you tried reprogramming the tax keys again?

I have. The “no tax” key is showing 0% tax but still adds tax

Have you tried clearing the register programming and programming it again?

I don’t know how to clear it
I did unplug it for a few minutes

There are two ways:

First way:

1) Unplug the AC cord from the wall outlet. 2) Remove 2 dry batteries and wait for 1 minute. 3) Plug in the AC cord to the wall outlet.

Second way:

1) Unplug the AC cord from the wall outlet. 2) Push [receipt paper feed] key and [CL] key. 3) Plug in the AC cord to the wall outlet during the depression of above 2 keys.

I will try that but it will Be Tuesday before I’m back at work.

No problem. You can take your time