Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a new 6 inch e-reader. I have activated it with my…

I have a new...

I have a new 6 inch e-reader. I have activated it with my old information and cannot figure how access the books I have previously paid for and loaded on my old kindle. This is all touch screen and I am having trouble figuring out how it works.

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your Kindle?

I just finished reading the book I had started before the older kindle quit working. So reading is not a problem. I cannot find the books downloaded earlier.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Amazon's online password ***** tool?

No. How?

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

The only books I get when I turn it on are new by the same author I have just read.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/26/2018
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Please give me just a moment to review your question.

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

Have you connected your new Kindle to wifi? Do you know the model of your Kindle? IS it a Kindle Fire?

GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
best phone is 1-***-***-****

It was a pleasure to speak with you. As promised here are some troubleshooting steps that you may find helpful in the future if particular books don't show up on your Kindle.

To troubleshoot books not showing up on your Kindle, first be sure that you have selected the ALL tab rather then the Downloaded tab. The All tab represents ALL of the books in your Kindle cloud library. The downloaded tab shows only those books that have already been downloaded.

If they aren't under ALL, please login to your account at www.amazon.com/myk. On the page that appears next, you will see a CONTENT Tab and a DEVICES Tab. On the CONTENT tab you will see all of your Kindle book purchases. You can sort them by title, author or purchase date. Please locate the book that you want to download to your Kindle, select it by checking it and then click on the ACTIONS column. Choose deliver to OTHER as the action. Select your device from the Device list. If you have more than one Kindle, make sure that you choose the Kindle that you are actively using.

If you still have issues after following these steps, you may be nearing full capacity on your Kindle, and may need to delete a few of the books that you have already read. The books that you delete from your Kindle will continue to be available at the Amazon website under My CONTENT if you should wish to download them again at some point in the future.

Have a wonderful evening and enjoy your new Kindle!

GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech