Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a cash register casio PCR-T285 and i can't do a

Customer Question
I have a cash...

I have a cash register casio PCR-T285 and i can't do a factory reset (i bought it used)

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your PCR-T285?

2 days

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Casio product?

Everything that's on the web unplug it for 24 hours and initializing but i don't have the code so it does an error

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/26/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

no phone
still need help

Why are you unable to complete a reset?

It doesnt reset all the way
The name of the other company still there and the taxes and the plu buttons
The only things that reset is the date and time

1 Insert the "PGM" mode key into the mode switch on your Casio PCR-T465 cash register.

2 Turn the key to "Z" -- the Reset Mode position.

3 Push the "= CA/AMT TEND" key to print the Reset Report.

4 Return the "PGM" mode key to the "OFF" or "REG" position. Pull the key from the mode switch.

Ill try it this afternoon

OK thank you