Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Simple question. Front panel of Hitron modem/wifi model cgnm…

Simple question. Front panel...

Simple question. Front panel of Hitron modem/wifi model cgnm 2250. What do the seven leds standfor?

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

Company is named Hitron.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Just want to know what leds are? Went to their site found out: 7 status LEDs (Power, DS, US, Status, ETH , Wi-Fi 2.4G,
Wi-Fi 5GHz. Can you tell me what the first five (5) mean?

3/25/2018
Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

This is for the electronics tech (Rusty). Please note I do not have a smartphone and really do not like telephones at all. If you want to send me a message, send email***@******.***

This message is available from your computer, smart phone, or both.

The top one tells you if the power is on or not.

The next one down is your downstream. That is the signal coming in that is downloaded to your computer.

The next one is your upstream, the stuff that is uploaded to the internet.

The fourth one down is communicating with your internet service provider, to see if you're a subscriber or not, so it knows whether or not to connect you to the internet.

The fifth one is your LAN indicator. It blinks when data is being transferred to the upstream or from the downstream from a device or computer connected to your Local Area Network (LAN).

And of course your 2.4GHz and 5GHz tells whether or not the wireless function of your router is working or not.

Please rate 3-5 stars for my service. If you still need help, please reply.

Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Thank you Rusty. Excellent response time.