Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have an Alera SH17019 massage chair, which I have had for…

Customer Question
I have an Alera...

I have an Alera SH17019 massage chair, which I have had for 4 days.

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your SH17019?

Since last Wednesday.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

The controller stopped working. I was running a lower back massage, and it stopped. Lights are flashing on the controller but none of the buttons work.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I just want the thing to work. I'm not paying $5. This must be covered under the warranty.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/25/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

the chair just stopped.
Lights are on, but none of the buttons work.
I'm also annoyed that I had to pay for tech support for an item that should be covered by warranty.

You are more than welcome to contact Alera if you believe you would get a free service.

$26?
This item is under warranty!
Why should I have to pay for tech support?
I will be complaining to Amazon.
I thought you were Alera. The link came from the website.

OK -- best of luck!

What is the answer to my problem?
You are obligated to help by the warranty.

We are not Alera -- Also, we are not a free service. Please contact Alera

Are you not employed by Alera?
If not, why did they connect me to you?

No, we are not Alera.

Or do you hack into their website?

No, we are a legitimate US based business for 15 years.

Well f**k you.
You have wasted my time.
I am reporting you to Amazon and to the Dept of Consumer Affairs.

As I have mentioned since the beginning, we are not Alera.

Best of luck to you!