Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

How can I connect my canon camera to my Dell computer? is it…

How can I connect...

How can I connect my canon camera to my Dell computer? is it possible?

Technician's Assistant: What Canon model do you have?

Sx610HS

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Canon?

I tried the instructions, however I guess my skills are not what they should be. It would go so far and them - the wheels would fall off :(

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?

No - I do have a apple I phone if that is better?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Which version of Windows/Mac are you using on your computer?

I think its Windows 10 but forgot where to look to know for sure.
Go ahead and type, if it doesn't work I will understand.
Sorry its Windows 7

Ok, give me a couple of minutes to look up compatibility.

No I do not want to switch to live phone. Thanks anyway.

You can ignore those requests, they are automated by the website. I'm still looking through compatibility requirements for your camera.

Ok - so you are well tagged. :)
Sorry - I will keep this professional. You do not need to respond.
My I Phone if easier is Model IPhoneSE Version iOS 11.2.6

Ok, here's the deal with this particular camera:

It's meant to work with Android and iOS, not computers. It uses NFC (Near field communication), meaning you touch it to your smart phone, and it easily transfers. You can remotely use the Cannon Camera Connect app that you can download for free from Google Play or the App Store.

In order to put them into your computer, you'll need to remove the SD card, and put it into your computer. Your SD card will open exactly like any flash drive you connect. If you don't have a card reader on your computer, click here.

On your phone, go ahead and get the Canon app. You can use the Camera Connect app, and touch the NFC logo on your camera to your iPhone. It will automatically open the app on your phone, and transfer the pictures. It's a cool wireless feature.

Give that a shot, and tell me if you have any questions. They are making this technology super easy these days, to work with smartphone and tablet apps.

Ok I will try that. Thank you and goodby.

Please don't forget to tell me how it works. When we are finished, please rate 3-5 stars so I get credit for helping you. If you need more help, please reply.

Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service