Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

What type of equipment would I need to accomplish the

What type of equipment...

What type of equipment would I need to accomplish the following senerio: A transmitter place on one person, a receiver placed on another. When either person is seperated by a predetermined distance (say 30 feet) an audible (alarm) goes off on the receiver.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

The receiver

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your sound system?

I have not tried any. Just staring the project

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that would be it thank you

3/25/2018
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Something like this perhaps?:

https://www.amazon.com/InSite-LBL809-Anti-Loss-Bluetooth-Proximity/dp/B00CGRMWC4

which requires a Bluetooth link with a smartphone carried on your person... a certain separation distance and an alarm sounds on the smartphone.

I'm not sure it can be set to 30 feet - it may be rather a closer distance, or a bit farther... but would this be the sort of thing you are looking for?

(Reply, let me know, and I will do further work as needed.)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK, thanks Russell. Do you understand my question?
***** *****

Yes. I think so. Is the 'receiver' in your question being a smartphone OK? or do you not want a smartphone-with-app and a device, sort of arrangement?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Russell, the item you referred me to looks like it may be the answer. I am going to order one and see. If have another question I will get back in touch. Thank you.
***** *****

Good! glad to hear it. If you're done with this case, would you be willing to rate my work and my answer? (If not, if you'd like to wait and see, that's OK too.)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
would be glad to rate the service

Good! I have enabled the five-star rating interface at the top of the JustAnswer page (- if you cannot see it, Reply and give a verbal rating - that's OK.) Five stars best expresses appreciation of my attention to,and my work on your question. Thank you, and have a great day!

Russell H., Service Tech
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Russell. Thanks for the advice, however that item does not work. Do you have any other suggestions ***** *****

I'm sorry to hear it. Give me some time to do further searching...

There is the HipKey device, which is proximity triggered, in Alarm Mode, when a distance between smartphone and HipKey is reached - up to 50 meters (164 feet.)

Basically what you want seems to be a 'separation alarm' crossed with a Proximity Alarm, or some such device.

If the distance is not adjustable, do you have a distance range in mind that would be acceptable?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
somewhere between 30-50 feet.

I'm sorry to say I'm not finding anything with an adjustable range.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I understand. Is there one that does not have an adjustable range?

I think the HipKey would be your best bet for the purpose. Its range is 'up to 164 feet', but is probably triggered at lesser ranges. And it might be adjustable as to range, but they just don't mention that feature- ?

And I forgot to post a link to it so you could look it over, here it is:

www.hippih.com/hipkey

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok, thanks, ***** ***** try it. Thank you very much. You have been very helpful.
***** *****

All right. I'm glad to hear that, Joe. Please have a pleasant evening, and thank you for consulting JustAnswer.com.

Russell H., Service Tech