Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a brand new Fire7 tablet. Power comes on but I cannot…

I have a brand...

I have a brand new Fire7 tablet. Power comes on but I cannot get the tablet to boot to the main menu

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your device? How old is it?

Fire7 with Alexa. Brand new

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Android device?

Swiping the screen

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

8GB memory

3/24/2018
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Please press and hold down the power button for 25-30 seconds until the Kindle restarts
If that does not work, then please respond back and let me know so I can continue to troubleshoot.

That did not work

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process. Allow it to charge for 20 minutes now and see if it will charge

If that does not work then please let me know

Will do

Thank you

Attempting to update now

OK

Update complete, however, it goes back to the fire screen and I cannot see the menu

Did you try swiping with your finger?

I did

Try using two fingers

Ok
Hmm now it’s trying to update again

OK let me know

It seems to have completed the update and be working properly. Thank you for your help.

Awesome!

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit

Harry, Customer Service