Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

How do you set up caller ID on a Panasonic KX-TGEA40. 3

How do you set...

How do you set up caller ID on a Panasonic KX-TGEA40

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your KX-TGEA40?

3 days. It’s set up and working.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Panasonic product?

Nothing because I don’t have a guide

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No that’s it

Is someone there
3/24/2018
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

please
  • You must confirm that your Caller ID service is working properly from your phone company.
  • The best way for you to verify that is to check other Caller ID compatible phones in the house.
    If your other phones are not showing the caller ID number as well, it is recommended to call your phone company.
    If the problem is only happening on your Panasonic phone, then have the phone plugged in on a different phone jack to test.
  • If your unit is connected to any additional telephone equipment such as a Caller ID box or cordless telephone line jack, plug the unit directly into the wall jack.
  • If you use a DSL/ADSL service, we recommend connecting a DSL/ADSL filter between the base unit and the telephone line jack. Contact your DSL/ADSL provider for details.
  • The name display service may not be available in some areas. Contact your phone service provider for details.
  • Other telephone equipment may be interfering with this unit. Disconnect the other equipment and try again.

You may also change the line mode setting on your phone if it doesn't work. To change line mode, on your handset;

1. Press [MENU] [#] [1] [2] [2]
  2. Change the setting from default "B" to "A".
  3. Press [SAVE] then [OFF].
Ok I called the phone co earlier and they said it was a free service. Had a Panasonic before. Plugged this one in and it works

Is it working now? You wrote "it works"

No I mean the phone works

Did you make sure they turned it on even though it is free?

They didn’t mention they had to turn it on. I’ll call now and go from there. Thank you for your help Bye

You're welcome!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Harry, Customer Service