Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I just purchased the Echo I downloaded the app. how do I get…

Customer Question
I just purchased the...

I just purchased the Echo I downloaded the app. how do I get it to connect with the Echo?

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

Im just trying to get started. Downloaded the audio to audio app. what do I do now to link it to my Echo?

Technician's Assistant: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your software?

I went on my computer and Downloaded the app. how do I connect it to the internet?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/25/2018
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your Alexa service device question.

1. start the Alexa app on your smart phone. (It's a Setup / configuration app.)

2. sign in to your Amazon.com account on the Alexa app.

3. then power On the Echo device, and wait until the light turns to orange/amber, and the Alexa voice greets you from the Echo device.

4. then, follow the instructions in the app on your smart phone, to configure the Echo device to connect to your local WiFi. (It helps a lot if your smart phone is already connected to that same WiFi, by the way!)

5. That ought to get the Echo device to the point where, when you speak aloud to it and say, for instance,

Alexa, What time is it now in New York?

it should respond with some meaningful response to that question.

- If there's any problem, Reply, let me know what step the problem is in, and I will advise and instruct you to a solution to the problem.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.