Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

How do I access subtitles for prime videos when streaming.

How do I access...

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Roku

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

3Boox

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

I went onto Amazon and went to the settings but there was nothing regarding subtitles

3/23/2018
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I want to know how to access the subtitles on Amazon prime when I am streaming I have a ROKU Model 3800X. I have gone to the setting for Amazon but there is nothing that indicates subtitles.
  1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. To open the captions menu, select Accessibility. If Accessibility is not listed, select Captions.
  4. Select Captions mode and choose when captions appear.
    • Off – captions never appear
    • On – captions always appear (when available from the service provider). When service providers use their own settings, closed captions are activated within their channel.
    • On replay – captions appear only after pressing the Replay button on your Roku remote (with content that supports instant replay)
    • When mute – captions appear only when volume is muted. Note: this is not available on all Roku devices.
Harry, Customer Service