Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Dell Vostro 270 running Windows 7. The keyboard…

Customer Question
I have a Dell...

I have a Dell Vostro 270 running Windows 7. The keyboard works in dos and on the internet but Word, Excel, Quickbooks and turbotax do not recognize it. Can you fix the problem?

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Vostro?

I don't know. It probably does.

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?

I have an AT&T fiberoptics router. It is 6 inches tall and 1 inch wide and 3 inches deep. the bottom circular light blinks green, the one above the bottom marked "paired" rectangular light blinks green much slower.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have tried for two days to fix it without avail. I ran a defrag program and unchecked a few programs in msconfig.sys. I also held down the control and shift keys and the control and enter keys.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
The keyboard is by Microsoft and is a split model.
The keyboard is wired, not wireless.
Are you there?
I started this question at 2:09. It is now 2:34 - that's 23 minutes with no reply. That's too long. I'll try another site. Please cancel my subscription and refund my $5.00. Thanks but no thanks.
3/23/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.