Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My Kindle unit is 8-10 years old. It has worked

My Kindle unit is...

My Kindle unit is 8-10 years old. It has worked satisfactorily until the book selector switch broke rendering book selection impossiible. Can this be fixed and if so, by whom?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

2-3 weeks ago. THE PUSH BUTTON CRACKED LEAVING THE SELECTION OF BOOKS IMPOSSIBLE

3/22/2018
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble and I'm sorry that you've had to wait so long for help. It would be my pleasure to assist you.

While it is possible to have your Kindle repaired it is really not practical. The cost of the repair would likely approach or even exceed the cost of a new Kindle device. If you do purchase a new Kindle you don't have to worry abotu losing access to your previously purchased books. All purchases are tied to the Amazon account used to make the purchase and are stored in the Amazon cloud. If you purchase a new Kindle,when you register it, just be sure to use the same Amazon account that is tied to your current Kindle.

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

You may also want to consider downloading the Kindle Reading APP for your computer or Android or Apple device. If you download and register the Kindle APP with your current Amazon account information, you will see all previous purchases under ALL. You can simply tap on a title to download it. It will then appear both in ALL and in DOWNLOADED.

I realize that this probably not the answer that you were hoping for but it the correct answer. If the information that I have provided has been helpful, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page and then clicking on submit.

I would certainly understand if you are upset about the situation, but I hope that you will not let that affect the rating that you give based on the quality of my answer.

If you would still like to pursue estimates for repair, I recommend that you contact local cell phone repair shops and/or computer repair shops as well as calling Customer Support at 1(###) ###-####to inquire about repair. They will almost certianly discourage repair of a device that is 8-10 years old. it is possible that they may offer some type of discount or incentive to you for the purchase of a new Kindle as a loyal customer.

Please let me know if you have furthe rquestions. Otherwise, have a good evening!

GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech