Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I need a replacement remote for my AVR-889, please. I can…

I need a replacement...

I need a replacement remote for my AVR-889, please

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your AVR-889?

I can only guess: 10 years?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Tried what: to use? to find via phone? to find via web??

Technician's Assistant: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

I don't follow: why info re my smartphone? I need a remote for my Denon AV surround receiver.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

Not a smartphone I am calling about. See my previous message.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I chose the wrong category. I need Home Theater expert. Sorry--and thanks

3/22/2018
Shahid_Sony
Shahid_Sony, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

Required Denon RC-1099 remote for AVR-889 is available with the following suppliers

1- https://www.ebay.com/itm/DENON-RC-1099-Original-AVR-1909-AVR-2309-AVR-2309CI-899-Fernbedienung-NOS-2613/222672228035?hash=item33d84c8ec3:g:Q2MAAOSw0QFXDRpY

2- https://www.ebay.com/itm/DENON-RC-1099-Remote-Control-Home-Theater-AV-Stereo-Receiver-Missing-Cover/112745402007?epid=1300248590&hash=item1a40264e97:g:W3AAAOSwjytaVWSQ

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Shahid_Sony
Shahid_Sony, Technician