Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have an HP Laserjet Pro MFPM426FDW and now it doesn't want…

I have an HP...

I have an HP Laserjet Pro MFPM426FDW and now it doesn't want to print. It won't go to tray 2 and keeps asking us to load tray 1. When we put paper in tray 1, it still doesn't want to print. Then it asks us to load tray 1 again. So we can't print anything.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your LaserJet: wirelessly or by USB?

USB. It printed up until 2 days ago and the default tray was 2. It seems impossible to get it to go back to tray 2 and accept that that is the command. Either from my computer or the machine itself.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Don't remember. Not in a while I guess.

3/22/2018
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Richard, Customer Service
I tried this yesterday as well. I get a prompt that says 'Load Tray 1 Plain Letter, Or Press OK to use available Media. So I press OK and it prints but out of Tray 2. That is fine except I am trying to make Tray 2 the Default Tray. With little success. My wife, who is working wirelessly from about 20 feet away has no success with this. Things were fine a couple of days ago. When she gets the prompt on her computer, she hits OK to use available Media and a test paper prints
Phone call session started
You can call me now

ok, I see you requested a phone call, but it is better if I connect to your computer instead and resolve this, I will do this for the same cost as the phone call.

Can I do this please?

Why do offer the live phone call as an option then?

ok, we will then do the phone call instead..

Calling now