Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I bought a new canon printer and after setting it up, I lost…

I bought a new...

I bought a new canon printer and after setting it up, I lost my zoom browser Ex and can no longer get to my photos. I use photo shop and without ZB I can not edit pictures. I tried to reboot my BJ solution, but the program won't download. Help!!

Technician's Assistant: What Canon model do you have?

MX490

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Canon printer?

I bought it last Friday and it has been that way ever since.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Have never updated that to my knowledge.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, everything works except the ZB

3/21/2018
technicalcat
technicalcat, Engineer

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is an independent, fee-based technical support site.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you now.

Zoombrowser is a long since discontinued application, and isn't available for download from Canon any longer. In all questions relating to zoombrowser, the "solution" is usually to find another replacement for ZB. In any case, not having ZB shoudn't affect access to your image files. Have you checked Pictures (or My Pictures) on your computer?

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have checked. I can get the pictures, but not like I could with ZB

Well , as I said , you'll need to find a suitable replacement for ZB.

1) What version of Windows are you running? 7.8 or 10/

2) What are your needs? Mainly access to pictures and organizing/viewing, or more advanced photo editing?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Windows 7. Yes as you stated in item 2.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do a lot of photo work.

If your goal is organizing, sharing, and even free and basically unlimited backup of both images and video, it's hard to beat Google photos. You mention "photo work", but I'm sure if you were only using ZB, that you probably don't do too much editing. If you do, I can send you another app for editing, and I believe there are some basic edit tools in Google photos. Here is the link :

photos.google.com

Please let me know if this answers your question and you are satisfied, or if you need further assistance or information from me. Thank You

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok . since the zb program is no longer available I will try the google. Thanks

If I've helped you today, please remember to rate my service by clicking the stars. Rating costs nothing more and helps me. I strive for excellent 5 star service. Please also remember you can followup with me on this issue after rating for no additional fee if you have any further questions.

Thanks for using Justanswer.

technicalcat
technicalcat, Engineer
technicalcat
technicalcat
technicalcat, Engineer