Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Can't connect second Echo device. Xfinity. Followed

Customer Question
Can't connect second Echo...

Can't connect second Echo device.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

Xfinity

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Followed directions and won't allow me to complete installation even though it said it connected

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/21/2018
Electronics Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 3 months ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
You billed me!
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Electronics Technician: Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 3 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Occasionally memory errors occur in network devices that cause this type of problem. So first, to rule out that possibility, power down the router/modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Then do the same with your WiFi router (if you have a separate WiFi router rather than a modem that provides both routing and WiFi). Then restart your Echo devices, and reboot your computer after the router/modem has completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result.