Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My SX-111 will not receive sideband. The BFO is not running.

Customer Question
My SX-111 will not...

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Hallicrafters SX-111

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your SX-111?

Couple of years. I just started to try and get it running.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

I checked the 12AX7. It is OK. I rebuilt the BFO can wuth new caps.Nothing seems to help. When I switch on the BFO the audio of the receiver goes way down

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

That;s about it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/21/2018
Electronics Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 4 months ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
Still have the problem.
You have charged me $24 .I either expect an answer to my question or a refund to my PayPal account. If not I will cancel the payment.
Andrew
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.