Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I purchased a KX-TGL463 cordless telephone yesterday. The…

I purchased a KX-TGL463...

I purchased a KX-TGL463 cordless telephone yesterday. The base unit continually displays "base no power" and will not receive or accept calls. I have reconnected the AC adaptor numerous times. The unit is fully charged. The other two handsets are working. What do you recommend?

Technician's Assistant: Do all the handsets for your system show the same message?

No, only the base unit.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a full system reset? The Phone Expert can walk you through the various steps.

I have not tried a full reset.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

That is all.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please remove the power to the base unit and the batteries from the handset
Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power to the base unit, put the batteries in the handset and tell me if it then functions correctly.
Please let me know the results
Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Unit still does not function. The message is "No link.Reconect base adaptor.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
$26 is almost 1/3 the price of the unit.

If you connect the power cable from one of the other units, does it remove the error?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The power cables from the other units are not designed to disconnect.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The other unit power cables are not designed to disconnect.

You have two batches, ones that do and ones that do not, please checkcloselyy as the ones that do slide down then out.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the other units PNLC1070 have the power cable permanently fastened. There does not seem to be any way of disconnecting short of disassembling the unit.

ok thanks

On the problem unit, connect it to a different wall power socket.

Does this clear the error?

Please let me know

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
using another outlet made no difference

Thanks

It is the internal mainboard in the base unit that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Customer Service
Richard, Customer Service