Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I just got a new panasonic phone but it won't ring and I've…

Customer Question
I just got a...

I just got a new panasonic phone but it won't ring and I've checked the manual and there is no mention of a "ringer" which one might turn on or off?

Technician's Assistant: What Panasonic model do you have?

350 something a landline with one cordless phone. I sent it to my sister so I don't have it.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Panasonic phone? What have you tried so far?

Just bought it and plugged it in today

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

No this is the only problem i.e. it won't ring so she doesn't know I'm calling

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/20/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 5 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with troubleshooting this issue today.
Sorry to hear of any issue with this phone.

NOTE: This may take a little extra time - since the phone is apparently not with you, but please relay the questions I have to your sister, and try to send the information back here.
To help with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base (model should START with KX-TG).
2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
3) Do/Did you have ANY other phones (NOT part of the New Panasonic system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are/were they working properly (ringing for incoming calls)?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks