Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

How do I change my VM (voice mail) access number? I'm not…

Customer Question
How do I change...

How do I change my VM (voice mail) access number?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

I'm not sure of the model but it consists of 5 handsets plus a base that we've had for maybe 10 years. we purchased from Costco.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

Panasonic

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Panasonic system? What have you tried so far?

Probably since we installed it. The display show "1111" but that is not the number we believe we use to access it.l

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

No, wish I could be more specific about model number.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

What is the model number of the phone?
It is on the main base station and starts with kx-tg if it is a panasonic product.

Also do you know what your voicemail access number actually is (should be)?

Hi Nathan, I have not been able to identify the model. However, I did find a generic YouTube video for Panasonic phones which gave me the appropriate code to change the access to my voice mail. Problem solved. I hope this entitles me to a full refund since I really didn't require your services after all.

Thank you for the update.

You paid the full agreed upon fees to the site. We're all independent techs here spending our own personal time in a good faith effort to help. I would have been happy to assist had I been able to get the necessary details.

If you need more help with it, please let me know.