Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

No display on base unit. No display on base unit KX-TGF372.

No display on base...

No display on base unit

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

No display on base unit KX-TGF372

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your KX-TGF372?

1-2 yrs

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Unplugging power

3/19/2018
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Are you still able to get a dial tone and call in and out on the handsets?

Okay please unplug both the power and phone line to the base station for at least 15 minutes. Replug then let me know the status of the display.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
still no display

Thank you for checking,

unfortunately that does confirm that there is an internal hardware fault here and that the lcd display panel has gone out.

There is no fix for that, it would cost 2-3 times what the system is worth to have it repaired, so once the 1 year warranty is up it isn't worth fixing them.

You could of course keep using it as-is with the cordless handsets, or you could replace it. You can't buy just a base alone,

but you could buy another similar system with a base and a few handsets: http://amzn.to/2FLuhAm then pair up your existing handsets to the new base to get a larger expanded system.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Nathan, Engineer
Nathan, Engineer