Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My acer cromebook went dead last night at the same time I…

Customer Question
My acer cromebook went...

My acer cromebook went dead last night at the same time I pushed to update ....now I have a dead computer No lights....took battery out and tried that test....nothing.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Chromebook?

I'm not a computer person so how do I know OS system

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a PRAM reset on your Chromebook (rebooting and holding down Command, Option, P, and R)? Or rebooting in Recovery Mode (holding down Command and R)?

Yes, but my concern is there isn't a light which means the computer is dead

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just how to get my 1 year old computer back....it was working fine

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/19/2018
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you remove the battery please then hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then connect the battery, power it on and tell me if it now starts up please

I already tried that method...nothing happens
no....if you have any other ideas besides taking the battery out etc. let me know.

when you connect the charger, do you see any lights show at all?

Hi,,,,no lights

Thanks

It is the internal powerboard that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the chromebook to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you