Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Quite often the handsets, I have three, will suddenly go to…

Quite often the handsets...

Quite often the handsets, I have three, will suddenly go to "busy", no phone tone, and I cannot phone out on them without letting them go out of charge and then recharging. I have two at the moment like it. If the third one does it I have no phone.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

Panasonic

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Panasonic system? What have you tried so far?

I've had them 2 years. It's always happened but usually only to one at a time. I've tried fiddling with the settings thinking it might be something like that but nothing seems to work.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing other than it always happens at the end of a phone call. I will put it down after turning it off and then when I pick it up again it will be like that.

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/19/2018
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please remove the power to the base unit and the batteries from the handset

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power to the base unit, put the batteries in the handset and tell me if it then functions correctly.

Please let me know the results

Thank you

Thank you Richard. I did what you said, in fact I forgot them and it was an hour but it worked! It seems by disconnecting them entirely it brings them back again. I just wish I knew why it happens. I get the feeling it's something to do with a setting because it always happens when I've put the phone down on it's face and then go to pick it up again and dial the number without thinking and it comes up with "busy" on it. I get the busy tone too and so far only letting it run out of charge and then recharging is what's worked. I was desperate this time as it happened in two handsets at the same time and as I have a bad heart I'm supposed to have a functional phone all the time. With one left it could have happened with all three. So thank you very much.

your most welcome!

It was the firmware that had an issue, and needed a hard restart. We did this just then. It will now be ok.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Customer Service
Richard, Customer Service