Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I cannot get my handset to recharge. It doesn't click into…

I cannot get my...

I cannot get my handset to recharge. It doesn't click into base

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

Panasonic

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Panasonic system? What have you tried so far?

A few days it stopped working then worked and now tottaly won recharge

3/18/2018
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with troubleshooting this issue today.
Sorry to hear of any issue with your phones.
To help with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base.
2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if more than one, do ALL handsets have this issue?
3) What is the AGE of this system?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

ModelkxTg 4741.I only have one handset
Any way to get it to recharge

Hi again and thanks for that model.

I just saw your call request, but unfortunately I'm not near a phone right now to be able to call. However I may reach a phone in a few minutes.
We can also continue here in this chat/text form.
IF that will work for you, please let me know the AGE of the system AND IF the batteries in the handset has EVER Been replaced - since new?
Thanks

The phone doesn't recharge

Hi again,

I understand that the handset does not charge.

Can you tell me the AGE of the system AND

IF the batteries in the handset has EVER Been replaced - since new?

Thanks

Batteries were just replaced. The base doesn't read the handset

Thanks for that information.

OK - when the batteries were replaced, were the SAME TYPE batteries used (rechargeable Ni-MH)?

And is there ANYTHING on the display of the handset at this time?

Thanks

No totally dead at the moment. Yes the correct batteries were purchased. The base is not rea ding that handset is there
I just got handset to say recharge for 7 hou8
Handset says recharge 7 hours

OK - if the handset is "totally dead", I MUST ask:

1) Was there ANY "corrosion" from the OLD batteries, at the contacts where the batteries were installed?

2) Has the POLARITY of the batteries been double-checked?

3) Were the contacts CLEANED?

Possible corrosion .how do I clean contacts.batteries were installed correct

OK - just saw your last post - that the handset now says "charging" - which is a good thing.

But any corrosion CAN cause "bad contact".

To CLEAN the contacts - and now the battery ends - I usually use a bit of alcohol and a cotton swab or a clean cloth (paper towel will work too).

Please try that cleaning now - and then reinsert the batteries and see if they start to charge QUICKLY.

Thanks

Still doesn't recharge

While you are at it, it might be a good idea to clean the OTHER contacts - at the bottom of the handset AND at the charging cradle.

See attached image (click long link below this note).

Also, give the batteries AT LEAST two minutes - to have the "Charging" message appear.

Please let me know if that works for you or if you have any more questions about this issue.

If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Very disappointed no change in phone status.phone doesn't recharge

Hi again,

May I ask what has been done - since the handset DID display "charging' - just a few minutes ago?

I MUST ask because I can not see or hear what is being done there.

Also, what "brand" of batteries were just installed, and where were they purchased?

Thanks

By the way, I have just reached a phone that I can call you with.

IF you want that call, please let me know that you WANT that call, by typing in "Yes - I want that call".

Thanks

Batteries are rechargeable aaa 1000

OK - WHERE were they purchased AND is there ANY "Brand Name" on them?

Company is Mr batt.I purchased in reputable store
I don't think batteries are the problem the base is not rea ding handset being placed in

OK - is there ANY "Brand Name" on them?

OR do they have any markings that mention the battery TYPE?

And I still have not seen WHAT HAPPENED between the time the handset DID display "Charging" and now.

Nothing with batteries it's the contacts are not communicating
Phone never said charging

OK - the base will not communicate with the handset UNTIL there is a GOOD CONNECTION to the physical contacts both to the batteries AND the charging contacts AT THE BOTTOM of the handset and the base contacts.

So did you SEE the image I sent?

Did you CLEAN ALL CONTACTS shown in that image - with some alcohol and cotton swabs?

And you posted earlier:

"I just got handset to say recharge for 7 hou8"

"Handset says recharge 7 hours "

Please send images again.no I did not get

Here is a link to that image

>> CLICK HERE <<

No help at all I cleaned all contact and changed batteries

I don't understand.

Did you CHANGE the batteries again - since the time you said "Handset says recharge 7 hours "??

I took out batteries and put them back in I cleaned all contact .it still doesn't say charging on my phone

OK - can you please check the connection of the AC power adapter - for the main base. Also check that it is plugged into a tight wall outlet.

You may even want to unplug both ends, then reconnect them again - and check that the "message counter" lights up - when the ANSWER ON/OFF button is pushed.

NEW QUESTION:

WHEN was this system last used SUCCESSFULLY?

In other words, was it "stored away" for a long while - and just reconnected recently?

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Hood night
Phone call session started
I did not accept a phone call.please do not charge me
Please do not call me please do not charge me