Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

A year ago (approximately) I purchased, at Costco, a

A year ago (approximately)...

A year ago (approximately) I purchased, at Costco, a cordless telephone set, Model KX-TG785 SK with 5 handsets. Serial #7CCXA038118. One of the base units charging units has failed. Can I get a replacement for this unit?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

It is a Pansonic and the info you requested is in my previous message.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Panasonic system? What have you tried so far?

This base unit (remote) failed during the past week. I have tried it in several different electrical outlets and it does not function.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

The remote unit number is ***** YA

3/18/2018
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

That would indicate a faulty power adapter for the charging dock typically.

In some cases though it can just not be making good contact with the handset. You can try cleaning the contacts on the bottom of the phone and inside the charger base with some qtips and rubbing alcohol, or buffing the metal pins with some fine emory paper.

Beyond that, it would have to be replaced.

If the system is actually less than a year old, you can try contacting panasonic tomorrow to request a warranty replacement be sent to you, at 800\405\0652

otherwise you can buy a replacement of your own here: https://panasonic.encompass.com/item/11117363/Panasonic/PNLC1078ZB/Charger#start=1&cgid=telephone-replacement-accessories

Or you could even return the entire system to costco (they don't have individual parts) and have them replace the whole thing.

Best regards,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Dear Nathan,
Many thanks for your interest in my case. However, I have no beef with you but with the system I became involved with and orchestrated by Panasonic. I did not need a technical answer and feel I was pushed into subscribing to your service unnecessarily. Panasonic should have courteously answered my question without charge.
Thanks for your help.
Dave

You're welcome, Dave.

This service is not affiliated with panasonic, this is a paid support site where you agreed to a pay for help service. You are not obligated to or signed up for any subscription, just the one time fees you paid on the payment page.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. (this is rating me personally only, nothing to do with the site, cost, etc - and is the only way I am credited for my time spent helping you as an independent tech) If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Engineer