Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Panasonic nv-f65 VCR but unlike the Audio out

I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic nv-f65 VCR but unlike the Audio out connector, the Video out jack looks like it wouldn't be compatible with a standard RCA cable connector. I need to purchase a suitable cable for the video out to TV. Can you please advise what type of connector to use for this?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your NV-F65?

About 1991 or 1992 model

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your NV-F65?

I only have standard RCA connectors byr the socket for Video out looks like a small hole in a narrow horizontal slot. Can't find a connector that might fit into this

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you. I just need to know what sort oc connection or cable I need for the Video Out for this VCR

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/18/2018
Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Electronics Engineer

I've done some research and it looks like that the Video Out uses a BNC connector, so you'll need a BNC to RCA adapter or lead, something like this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2NEW-6-BNC-TO-RCA-VIDEO-AUDIO-INTERCONNECT-SHIELDED-COAX-ULTRA-HD-DIGITAL-CABLE/112516359242?hash=item1a327f644a:g:7cgAAOSwk~ZZ69Y5

I hope that helps, if so a positive rating would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich

Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Electronics Engineer