Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

We have a Nikon D-850 and an SB-800 flash. They work

Customer Question
We have a Nikon...

We have a Nikon D-850 and an SB-800 flash. They work perfectly together. However, when the SB-800 is made a slave and controlled by a Nikon SU-800 on the camera, it fires but it is out of sync. How can we correct this?

Technician's Assistant: What Nikon model do you have?

Nikon camera is D-850. The flash is SB-800, and the Control unit is a Nikon SU-800

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your SU-800?

We turned off the modeling flash. We tried setting the camera sync speed first to 250 fp to 250, to 125, to 60. The flash fires at all speeds by the picture is still dark.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that the SB-800 works perfectly when mounted on either the Nikon D-500 or the D-850 camera

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/18/2018
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 4 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

You can set up the flash sync on the camera - go to your camera's Custom Setting menu, then scroll to Bracketing/Flash, where you'll see flash sync speed choices.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------