Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a HP ENVY Laptop 17-ae1xx and I was wordering if

I have a HP...

I have a HP ENVY Laptop 17-ae1xx and I was wordering if there is a battery available that will hold a charge longer than the original installed battery.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Envy?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Envy? Have you installed any updates recently?

I keep it update whenever i receive a notice.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Well, my major concern is that I can't take the laptop anywhere without the power cord. That limits my mobility.

I just want to know if there is a battery that I can purchase that stays charged longer than the original battery. I never overcharge this battery and often let it completely lose it's charge. It only stays charged for about an hour.
3/18/2018
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

It isn't possible to get a battery that will hold charge longer than the original battery, however you could charge up several original batteries and bring them with you, then swap them over.

You could also try turning down the brightness, and turn off any other unnecessary power-hungry features to help save power.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Pete, Electronic Engineer