Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Have a kenwood KDC-X592. It's flashing protect. don't know…

Hey I'm George....

Hey I'm George. Have a kenwood KDC-X592. It's flashing protect. don't know how to reset.

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your KDC-X592?

Just got it. came with the vehicle.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Kenwood product?

Nothing. None of the buttons or features work with the Protect message flashing.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I popped the front off the unit and have it in my hands.

3/18/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Put the faceplate back on, then insert a paperclip into the tiny pinhole reset button located on the lower left hand corner of the faceplate, for 10 full seconds (count them out) and release. Let me know if you're still having the same problem.

George- were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hang on thanks.

Standing by.

Anything? Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hey it worked to reset the unit but now it's stuck on standby. What now?

Thanks. Um, the what now part is hard to say as it indicates this unit has failed/is faulty. I'm assuming you've tried using the source button to turn it on yes?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've turned it on and off. Goes to Stanby once on.

The receiver has issues internally. How long have you owned it for and when did this occur?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Looks like I'll need a new one. Thanks.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Looks like I'll need a new one. Thanks.
You've given me the info I need. Thanks Aric.

You're welcome. I was asking when it occurred to see if maybe new speakers were connected, or perhaps a wire was pinched behind it, but if you've confirmed it's not that, then it does indicate the unit needs replacement.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

Aric, Technician
Aric, Technician