Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Just bought a new G9. I can't seem to focus it. Real novice.

Customer Question
Just bought a new...

Just bought a new G9. I can't seem to focus it. Real novice

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your G9?

2 days

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Hav modee it on auto

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Have it on auto

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/18/2018
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your camera question.

Try pressing the shutter button halfway down, before taking the picture... this encourages the camera to seek to focus the currently pointed-at area, or 'frame'/content, for the picture.

Also, hold the camera firmly, since shaking will impede the auto-focus action. Also try a lower ISO setting, or try taking picture in either A. brighter light conditions or B. with the flash popped up and flash enabled.

If none of these measures are making it work, you might just have a defective camera.

But do you have the manual for the PowerShot G9? it might help - it does have a section about taking a picture.

If your camera seems to be defective, take it (and the packaging it came in) back to the store. Get a return and exchange for a non-defective G9 camera, that way, within 10 or 14 days of purchasing it, if necessary.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star rating interface. - A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thank you.

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help and advise you further.