Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My mother who is 92 bought a Panasonic phone with three hand…

Customer Question
My mother who is...

My mother who is 92 bought a Panasonic phone with three hand held phones. But we cannot leave a message because she doesn’t remember the vm code and it was never entered. How do you fix it.

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your Panasonic phone?

It rings but you can’t leave any messages because it asks for a VMware code number

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Phone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

Don’t know how to get them and she doesn’t have the box anymore either

Technician's Assistant: The Cell Phone Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Just want her to be able to receive messages, thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/17/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 4 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.
Sorry to hear of any issue with your (or your mother's) phones.
To help with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base (model should START with KX-TG).
2) WHEN was this system purchased and installed?
3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
4) Do you (or your mother) have ANY other devices/phones (NOT part of the Panasonic system) attached to this same phone line?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks