Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Lost password kindlefire. Kindle fire. 2 yrs. I have done…

Customer Question
Lost password ***** Technician's...

Lost password *****

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Kindle fire

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Kindle Fire?

2 yrs

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Kindle Fire?

I have done nothing

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/17/2018
Electronics Technician: Kraig, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Kraig
Kraig, Engineer

Hi, I'm Kraig. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I am sorry to hear that you do not remember your Kindle Fire password.

Do not despair, however, because I will tell you how to reset it:

1. On the lock screen, swipe from the right side edge of the screen.
  2. Enter an incorrect password ***** PIN (at least characters in length) five times. You will be prompted to reset your device or wait 30 seconds to try again.
  3. Tap Reset to reset your device to factory defaults.

Important: Resetting your Kindle Fire will remove all content downloaded to it. Any content you purchased from Amazon is saved to your Kindle Library in the Cloud and will remain in the Cloud. You can download that content again if you register your Kindle Fire to your account again.

To use your Kindle Fire again, you'll need to connect wirelessly and register your Kindle Fire. To learn more, go to Set Up and Charge.

I hope that my answer has been helpful. If so, please select 3, 4, or 5 stars and click the Submit button so that I can be paid for helping you because we do not get paid automatically.

Thanks for using JustAnswer and have a lovely day.

How long befor tech may call

Sorry I was unable to get back to you earlier.

I will not be able to call you as my phone service is down at the moment.

The steps that I provided are quite clear and easy to follow. Did you try them?