Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have an HP IPAQ and cannot use it because I forgot my

Customer Question
I have an HP...

I have an HP IPAQ and cannot use it because I forgot my password ***** ***** a way to reset it so it is more than a paper weight?

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your iPAQ?

I haven't used it for some time like nearly a year

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Smartphone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

No I haven't tried that yet, because I have NO instructions

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/17/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

To perform a hard reset:

1. Press and hold down the Calendar and iTask buttons.
  2. While holding down these buttons, use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button on the bottom of the iPAQ Pocket PC for about two seconds.
  3. When the Pocket PC screen begins to fade, release the Calendar and iTask buttons first, and then remove the stylus from the Reset button.

NOTE:

If you simultaneously push and hold the Reset, Calendar, and iTask buttons for more than two seconds, the battery disconnects. To restart the device, either plug the device into the AC Adapter or press the Reset button again.

After performing a hard reset, you may need to reinstall applications stored in iPAQ File Store to restore shortcuts and full functionality.

4. The Pocket PC resets and powers on.
what button is the itask button?

Which model number do you have?

I have no idea no model number on it. It just has HP at the top and iPAQ at bottom below screen

Without the model number then I cannot provide you additional steps

To hard reset HP iPAQ 111:

- press and hold the 3 buttons Windows, OK and REC
- press the reset button for about 3-4 seconds and release it
- release the 3 buttons

What button is record? Sorry nothing is marked

The far left button

That's not working

Unfortunately, then it is a paper weight.

It keeps putting me on a countdown before I can try another password. My far left button is the keyboard button not record

A $500 paper weight,. Don't charge me. .

OK