Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I am trying to connect Sony model BDP-S3700 to my computer…

I am trying to...

I am trying to connect Sony model BDP-S3700 to my computer by HDMI, LAN or whatever method may be available. Please help.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your BDP-S3700?

A couple months from Amazon.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your BDP-S3700?

I have tried connections with HDMI and LAN with control panel "add a device". And this was after the computer failed to recognize through the connection.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

3/17/2018
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Why are you trying to connect it to the computer? What are you trying to accomplish?

Nathan, Engineer
I am trying to connect to an HP all-in-one that does not have a disc option. I am trying to connect a disc player to load programs contained on disc.
Phone call session started

Thank you for the call,

here is the type of drive I'd suggest for you: http://amzn.to/2FKn5Es

Best regards,